Rugby Division 1(Wizards)
Rugby season for 2015 starts on 21st March.
Coaches are Johnny Bloxham and Sam Gibbens.
Anyone interested in playing please contact Johnny 0274817219 or manager Frazer 0274392035
2014 Highlights from Frazer Lochhead - Club Captain
Firstly I would like to thank all of our sponsors and every-body for their help in 2014. It has been a very interesting year in terms of player management in Tasman and the lev-el of interest in schoolboy rugby has really ramped up. As 2014 draws to a close, it allows time to reflect on some of the massive changes that have happened within Wanderers Rugby in 2014, hear are my highlights:
-A successful sevens tournament in Woodend winning the Plate final.
- Winning the Bowl final at the Burnham sevens
- Three very young talented boys out of Waimea College making our Division 1 starting line up
- Sam Liebezeit winning BLK sponsorship to a week long programme in Palmerston North
- New sponsorship for BLK
- A Championship win to our Division 2 team
- Runners up to our Division 1 side second year in a row
- A successful day of fundraising at the Richmond Har-ness Racing and Brightwater Wine and Foods
- Alex Ainley and Siua Halanukonuka making the Makos
- Alex getting a Super 15 contract
- Siua on a Tonga UK tour
- Three boys making the Makos B’s
- Three in the Tasman under 20’s
- Charlie Taylor, our major sponsor running to play the last 10 mins against Renwick in the front row
- Another successful year of putting meals on for both Division 1 & 2 on Thursday nights
- Upgrade of our showers to gas on demand
- The opening of the new Wanderers Gym
As you can see its been quite a year so looking ahead to 2015 we have a number of projects underway. This includes another year at the Richmond Harness Racing, Brightwater Wine and Foods and hay carting. With the Tasman Sevens underway and six of our boys on the team we wish them well for the nationals in January, where we also have our own seven a side team playing in Woodend on the 30th Jan-uary. With the rugby season kicking off on the 21st March and pre season training starting in the beginning of Febru-ary, player recruitment has already started. It is going to be another full on year.